Before we start playing poker online, of course, it’s a good idea to familiarize you with the game tool, i.e. the deck of cards itself. The deck contains 52 cards, four different countries (spade, cross, square and heart). There are a total of 13 cards in each country. Jokers are not used in this poker game. In poker, a hand is formed from five cards unless otherwise agreed in the poker rules.
How to Learn Poker
The ranking of poker hands is relatively easy to learn:
- Royal flush (all cards of the same suit and starting from an ace – AKQJ-10)
- Straight flush (all cards are consecutive and of the same suit – e.g. 7-6-5-4-3)
- Four of a kind (all cards are equal – e.g. 6- 6-6-6-10)
- Full house (a hand consists of a pair and three of a kind – e.g. KK-9-9-9)
- Color (all cards of the same suit, spade, heart, cross or square – e.g. KQ- 9-6-3)
- Straight (all cards with consecutive values, depending on the country – e.g. 10-9-8-7-6)
- Three of a kind (three cards of the same value – e.g. 10-10-10-4-2)
- Two pairs (a hand consists of two pairs – e.g. 9-9-8-8-3)
- A pair (there are two identical cards in the hand – e.g. JJ-6-3-2)
- Highest card (highest card or shark – highest card – e.g. K-8-6-3-2)
It is important to learn the ranking of the hands because it is on this basis that the winner of the poker hand is decided. Indeed, the most common mistake beginners make is not remembering which is better, two pairs, or three of a kind. This information is already of great importance when you bet on a poker game after seeing the first table cards. This is specially the in case of poker99.
Poker Rules and Poker Instructions for Beginners
Texas Hold’em is the most popular poker game, so let’s take a look at its rules and the course of the game. The Texas Hold’em rules are really easy in short; you can read more about the rules on our Texas Hold’em website.
In the game, players are first dealt two cards, these are called hand cards. These cards are not shown to other players. Follow the betting round, after which three cards are dealt to the table, face up. These cards are common to all players. Follow the next round of betting, after which a fourth community card is dealt to the table after that again the betting card and the last betting round. In practice, the player who is still in the game and has the best five-card hand out of seven cards (2 hand cards + 5 table cards) wins the pot for himself.
Poker is a popular and exciting game that has changed a lot over the decades. Today, poker can be roughly divided into traditional and online poker. The poker hand consists of the best five-card hand. This in turn means that two, one or no cards from the player’s hand are taken. The player with the best hand, or getting knocked out by other players by bluffing before the Showdown stage, is the winner!